Ironic, isn't it?

Just to point it out, there are a lot of threads here on SimpliEngineering started by “Simplieditor” that are scraped from Eng-Tips.

If we are going to collectively bitch about Engineering.com doing this “within the faimly” then Simpliengineering should probably stop.

3 Likes

I agree, MintJulep. It should stop even if we are not going to collectively bitch.

Apples and oranges.

Engineering.com set up bogus accounts with actual email addresses and passwords and posts (stolen identity) to give a deceptive appearance folks were active members at ProjectBoard and Make:Projects. No reference or credit given.

SimpliEditor researches and documents popular and interesting engineering problems and solutions in an edited, concise fashion, and gives linked credit back to the original source. By cutting out extraneous content in the original thread, SimpliEditor is adding value and efficiency to the Engineer seeking information.

1 Like

@Latexman is correct. It is similar to using a cited reference when writing a report, an article or a book.

Further, if any of you find some technical article, treatise or discussion online that you feel has benefit to the SimpliEngineering membership, please share it, being sure to give appropriate citation and credit to the authors or publishers. Be mindful of copyright requirements if they apply.

2 Likes

Did you get a response @JAE?

Nothing.

I got a reply. I haven’t checked exactly what they did yet, but I will.