What could possibly go wrong?

Ow! Never broken an ankle, but have sprained them numerous times. No fun. Follow the physical therapist’s instructions once you are cleared for recovery.

I intend to… still here… no signs of them letting me out…

Dik

With a little luck they will be replacing the cast and removing the staples from surgery tomorrow, and I’ll be going home.

Dik

Great! Get outta there before they get busy with coronavirus cases!

It’s coming?

Dik

COVID-19
Then, click on Canada.

It’s going to get a lot more interesting, almost bet you buttons to doorknobs.

Dik

Will’s hockey team won their League’s Bantam Tier 2 championship and are looking forward to to the Provincial finals in Edmonton in a week and a half.
I hope that they are not cancelled.

Out of the hospital on Thursday… surgery on right hand side of foot is similar to left hand side. Was in the hospital for nearly two weeks. Photo attached. Other than a $500 ambulance bill… total cost is covered by government… likely the better part of $100,000. They had to re-arrange my bones, metal plates, screws and wires… waiting for the x-rays.

Dik

Ouch!

On pain meds every 4 to 6 hours… Reducing opioids to 8 hours as I can.

According to my folklore, should get better after today. Today is the third day after surgery, the worst day for pain.

I’ve already felt that. Surgery was two weeks ago. Pain is quite a bit less… But still there.

Dik

:+1:

@WaRoss Was the game postponed?

Dik

Yes the Provincial Finals were not postponed but cancelled.
Also all local games. They had an local game game scheduled with a tier 1 Team. Cancelled.
All practices; Cancelled.
Hockey Canada, 2000 miles to the east has basically cancelled ALL minor hockey activity in Canada.
These Kids played their hearts out.
They played hurt.
They played sick.
We have had kids so sick that they were throwing up on the players bench or in the dressing room.
They still played most of their shifts.
The last couple of games our best player had a cooler of ice at the bench for his badly sprained thumb.
He kept playing and scoring.
This was a small team. Just 12 skaters and two goalies.
The kids are very disappointed.
They are the Bantam Tier 2 champs in the Central Alberta Hockey League but that’s still not like a try at the provincial title.
Finals were to be next Fri, Sat, and Sun. (19, 20, 21 Mar)
There will not be a next year.
Bantam is 13 and 14 year olds.
The strong half of the team will be moving up to Midget next year.
This team is over.
Next year’s Bantam team may drop down a tier or two. Most of the remaining players are physically small for their age and there are no big players coming up from the PeeWee Division.
The strong players will be 15 year old playing in a 15 to 18 year old division next year.
And there are presently two Midget teams. Most of our players will be on the B team.
For the kids, the only good news is that yesterday, Sun, Mar. 15 it was announced that all schools in Alberta are now closed.
Are the schools closed out your way yet?

In Ontario, March break will be extended by another two weeks [ presumably to allow symptoms to appear in anyone who has traveled ], but at this point schools are planned to resume classes following that.

That being said, the news may be different in an hour…

Thanks, and sorry to hear that. The world is about to change in a very big way with the coronavirus.

Dik