Does anyone dabble in the wild, wild west of Cryptocurrency?

I don’t (!!!) and, reading about the fraud that went on at FTX and, just this morning, learning that Celsius’s “terms of use” policy (read contract) meant that in the event of bankruptcy, depositor’s assets became the property of Celsius! WTF? Apparantly, it’s true, nobody reads those terms of use policies. :rofl: Read more:

Bad news for thousands of crypto investors: They don’t own their accounts.

So, does anyone dabble in the wild, wild west of . . . crypto? I’d like to hear your personal experiences.

Search YouTube for videos of Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger discussing Bitcoin and crypto currency in general. Crypto currency, and gold for that matter, are non-performing assets. You should put your money into things that generate income, like stocks and bonds.

If I did find a need for crypto currency, I would store on my own, local, protected and backed up hard drive. The Cloud is not secure enough for financial stuff.

I’ve watched videos of those two crusty old goats bash cryto, so I know.

1 Like

Yes, I too have dabbled there…. I keep everything I have off the internet.

My 13 YO son dabbles in it. Prior to leaving Thailand back to Aus, he invested Baht 1000 (appox $A 40), he tracks the market and is upto speed on all the ups / downs and trends, he has bought and sold as the market fluctuates and is currently a few $ in front. His money is in Bitcoin and a couple of others - It’s been a good learning experience for him.
Since getting back to Aus, he has also been trading in Aus $ 2 coins, there are special motif coins struck at various times, issued as proof, uncirculated or circulated - prices range from face value to a few hundred depending on mintage and condition - he is currently about $2000 in front, with many in reserve waiting for an increase in value, including a good number of mint and uncirculated purchased from his profits.