File Uploads

When you start a new topic (question). You can do a test if you wish (I can remove it afterwards).

@Doug Is it possible to tag threads that I didn’t start? I don’t see the option even when replying. For example, suppose I read a thread and I have nothing to add to it but I’d like to reference it later. Also suppose I want to tag it with a tag that the OP didn’t use.

@bootlegend You can ask any moderator to add a tag to a specific thread for you. If you have one in mind now, I’ll be happy to help. We have 23 moderators. I think I’ve had 1 request to do this in a few months time. It shouldn’t tax the moderators too much.

1 Like

@Latexman Thanks. Just wanted to understand the tagging system. Nothing in mind currently.

Thanks,
That was helpful for me, too. Not sure if I’ll use it often, but if I ever do get tagging fixed in my brain as a habit, then I’d want to know how to use it for the best.

Think what the database does. You tell it what tags you are interested in (Preferences). Then, it notifies you when a post with one or more of those tags comes along, so you can check it out.