Fundamentals of Stack Gas Dispersion and related topics

www.air-dispersion.com

Milton Beychok had an outstanding website on Fundamentals of Stack Gas Dispersion and related topics. I used his website many, many times over the years. When he passed away, the website went dark. It was a great loss, but not a total loss, because one can buy his book of the same title, or, do like I do, and use the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.

Enjoy Milton Beychok’s website!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I can’t even find a source to buy the book anymore. I think the best I could manage is a inter-library loan, provided my local library can even make the request!

Are you able to access it on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine using my link above? I just tried it and it worked.

I can get to the website via Wayback, but it seems buying the 4th edition of the book is no longer possible as a physical book or PDF. The phone number tied to the site is disconnected and I’m not holding my breath that someone is monitoring the email account anymore.

I might have to look for a used copy of the 3rd edition. It’s a shame a publisher can’t do the book as a print on demand like Wiley does for the DIERs manual.

This is somewhat inefficient, but not terribly. If you join Internet Archive and go into the OpenLibrary, you can borrow the book and read it. On my first go, it appears they have a 1 hour limit on “borrowing” this book. I’ll see what happens when that times out, and let you know.

Edit - I corrected my statement above.

After the 1 hour borrow, I clicked “Borrow Again” and got another hour. It says, “Renewable every hour, pending availability.”

Maybe that will suffice for you. Can you put in an order to buy a used copy on some websites, like Amazon, and, hopefully, one day someone will sell theirs?