Lying Contest

A long time ago when visiting the wife’s out of state family, I was entertained by the lying contest that eventually broke out between the FIL and his Dad, brothers, and uncles. It reminded me of these guys - The Four Yorkshiremen

2 Likes

I didn’t have time to watch Monty Python when I was a kid. I was too busy at school 8 hours a day, walking there and back for 4 hours each way, chores on the farm for 8 more hours, homework for 8 more hours, then a quick bite of supper and off to bed.

2 Likes

That’s an excuse, not a reason :wink:

1 Like

I grew up in Central Florida, USA. I walked to and from school in the snow. It was uphill both ways.

3 Likes

I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, where we had to battle alligators in the creek to fetch fresh water for Mom to use to boil our gravel for breakfast. Unless the volcano was erupting, when we’d just eat the fresh-boiled pumice floating down the stream.

1 Like

I grew up in Antarctica. After nearly being eaten by a polar bear too many times, I moved close to the North Pole. It was not that much better there, being pecked by penguins every week.

2 Likes

Everybody wants to hear my story!

1 Like

To all the folks who want to move to NC, the main ingredient in every meal in every restaurant in the state is chitlins.

1 Like

No wonder so many people are moving to NC. Yum!