Magnetic Float Switch inside Filling Nozzle

I want to design a Liquid Flow Nozzle that has a Magnetic Float Switch inside, The Idea behind is that there is a system that has a Manifold with 10 to 12 Nozzles connected with it. Now I want to fill different sizes of bottles let’s say 350ml or 1000ml but liquid should be filled equally in all bottles simultaneously.
No matter what pressure comes out from the Manifold Nozzles when each nozzle has a Magnetic Float switch inside and when the liquid level is up then it closes the solenoid that will be attached to each nozzle

I don’t know if that idea is valid or not, but I would appreciate it if someone participated with their opinions

Manifold Example

Magnetic Float Switch Example

Thank you
Faisal

Hi @faisalsharif, welcome to SimpliEngineering!

Can you provide a P&ID that is true to elevation please?

My first impression is the magnetic float switches would have to be attached to each bottle.

With the float switch in the fill line once the line fills or has flow, the switch would trip due to the presence of fluid or due to the fluids velocity. I could see this happening independent of the level in the bottle, and would not work as intended.

The problems I see are:

1. How does displaced air in the bottle escape?
  2. If the float switch did trip the solenoid valve when the bottle is full, what about the fluid trapped above the bottle/float switch and below the solenoid valve? I see spills will be an issue.
  3. The downward fluid velocity will affect the float switch. The downward velocity will tend to NOT let the float rise, thus over-running the bottle.

These may not be insurmoutable. Can the fluid go into a tube that is located so the flow does not impact the float switch? And, can the float switch be smaller than the bottle opening, so it extends into the bottle to the fill mark? In other words, the fill tube and float switch are side-by-side (parallel) and not in the fluid flow path (series). And, the float switch will need to off the valve before the fluid gets to the full mark (pre-act), since the drainage will fill up to the full mark.

Can you switch to weight detection under the bottles? Much easier, but probably more expensive.

1. There will be a space where air can be displaced
  2. Make Sense
  3. If the Float Switch is in Tube, mean tube will be inside the nozzle and the float switch will be inside the tube so the liquid will not disturb then, The Neck size of my bottle is 26mm

No, the float switch does not have to be in the tube. The float switch could be beside the tube or attached to the tube, for support. The float switch wires control the solenoid. The float switch does not have to stop the flow itself, the solenoid valve does.

Dear @Latexman
Please see the attached image, This is what in my mind,

I see. How to get float switch wires to solenoid valve? Having flow surround the switch adds complexity. Attach switch outside of and onto tube is simpler. Then run wires outside and up the tube to solenoid valve.

Good Idea , Thanks alot

There are plenty of YouTube videos of filling machines. Most commonly the level is set by how far the fill tube extends into the bottle. The fill tube is actually two concentric tubes. Liquid fills through the center tube, while air is vented out the outer tube. Air is left left in the space between the vent tube tip and the seal to the top of the bottle. Liquid can flow by gravity from a tank or be pumped. There is a spring loaded valve that opens at the fill tip only when it is inserted and sealed to the bottle. Excess liquid flow also exits the vent tube, which flows back to the tank.

Back in the day when glass bottles were common, one of our customers, a bottle manufacturing plant, would call me from time to time to repair their acoustic volume checker. (And other problems, but the bottles are the point of concern today)
This plant had their own electricians, their own instrument mechanics and their own electrical/electronic engineering department. I looked forward to their calls, because they were always extremely challenging.)
The internal volume of the bottles was critical.
If the molten glass was running too hot, or if the sand mix was off (too much limestome) the bottle would tend to be thicker near the bottom and thinner near the top.
This would throw the internal volume off.
Related to the internal volume was the head space.
I was told that many end users over-filled the bottles and then used a suction tube that projected a precise distance into the bottle , to suck out the excess liquid.
In composite flows example, there is probably a suction applied to the extraction tube.
The tubes need not be concentric.
The tubes need not be the same length, as long as the extraction tube is longer.
You may consider a flow switch in the extraction tube to halt filling when liquid starts to flow in the extraction tube.
When flow stops in the extraction tube, the bottle is filled to the line.
One way of making fine adjustments is to adjust the height of the bottle support.

Thank you , Good Idea, let me think about it