Masquerade Ball

I feel like lightening things up a little over the holidays with a game: masquerading

If you want to join the party, all you have to do is log into your favorite anachronistic purple forum, review your member profile, and select a new username (in both fields). Then resume your regular activities on the site, and see how long it takes for anyone to notice.

Something like this:

My username was immediately updated in all of the posts I’ve ever made on that site. I can still view their members’ inner sanctum (the circular platform) but I bet if I posted there I would confuse a lot of other members. But maybe that would be fun, too.

What the heck is that feature there for, anyway?
I’ve seen this feature abused a few times in the last year, so hopefully it can also be used for good rather than evil. Or at least a good laugh.

Anyone want to join me?

Chuckle, snort.

I’d join you Steven, but would probably screw it up and get myself banned…(no Brer Bear, don’t throw me in the briar patch!)

I changed my name on there a very long time ago. In early posts, people reply to me with my original user name, which is confusing. Their pub needs to start throwing people out.