RIP Skogsgurra

Unfortunately, Gunnar Englund (Skogsgurra here and on Eng-Tips) passed away last week. He was a long time member of Eng-Tips and here at SimpliEngineering. Gunnar was a well-known engineer and highly respected in his electronics specialty. He was 81 and recently diagnosed with cancer.

3 Likes

I wish I had the opportunity to have known him better. I recall reading a few posts from him, and I’ve heard a number of stories over the years from members of ET and here. He sounded like a genuinely great person.

A glass for Gunnar! RIP

2 Likes

Fair winds and following seas, Gunnar.

3 Likes

Mike…good to hear from you. How are you doing?

This has me super sad… yes, a toast to Gunnar.

2 Likes

Gunnar will be dearly missed.

2 Likes

He was the first one I had a bantering exchange with in the other site many moons ago. Yes, he will be missed.

1 Like

I’m still getting used to this site, and missed this when it was posted. I knew Gunnar pretty well, and had occasion to visit with him and his wife in Sweden, we enjoyed a very nice Smorgasbord with them. After our return, I tried to even the score by sending them some of our local wines and other goodies as a thank-you…only to find that doing so would simply cost Gunnar a great deal of money for payment of liquor taxes to the Swedish government…sigh. Gunnar was a good soul, with a great sense of humor, and a marvelously good teacher of electrical systems to us dumb mech types. He is and will be, greatly missed.

1 Like