Virtual Virus Pool

sorry Dave… fixt…

Dik

@zdas04 @davidbeach (Some text removed, my apologies)

Timely testing does two things. If positive, then it allows you to be quarantined before you infect others. It also allows your contacts to be traced in a timely fashion while you still remember who you were in contact with. It also allows their contacts to be traced. If negative, the issue is moot.

Positive testing with an extended result time, allows you to merrily go on your way for a week or two, to infect others. It also makes it much more difficult to track your contacts, if you remember everyone you were in contact with during the previous two weeks. It also makes it far more difficult to trace their contacts for the same reason; they may not remember who they were in contact with. You likely have several times the number of contacts in two weeks compared to two days. Infections are exponential. If tests are negative the issue is moot.

Testing has absolutely no impact on the actual number of cases at the time. Timely testing can reduce the number of new infections by isolating you and finding out who your contacts were, so they can be checked.

I don’t know if I can explain it in more simple terms.

Dik

I’m pretty sure we agree. The point I thought I was making was, as you state, “Testing has absolutely no impact on the actual number of cases at the time.”

The statement is still correct… it has no effect on the numbers at the time of testing. It’s not that difficult a concept, unless someone’s trying to be obtuse and read it their own way. (Some text removed, my apologies… just frustrated due to the lack of understanding).

Dik

But you have to admit that your grand daughter could be biased in your favour.

ba

Not likely… she has my integrity and would be more than happy to point something out… she would be really pleased to know that I was asking her to check something.

Dik

@gruntguru Can you add a date?

Dik

@BAretired Can you add a date?

Dik

Master of the obvious.

And I will vote for him again!

@SkipVought Can you add a date?

Dik

Add a date? Not sure what to add a date to.

Put me down for Sept 18.

@SLTA [quote=“SLTA, post:46, topic:2681”]
“you sniveling snot rag”
[/quote]

He’s correct… and I’m really concerned that no one is listening to me… very frustrating… I had made a comment regarding explaining and understanding that I removed because it was inappropriate. Same with my note about checking with my 12 year old grand daughter to see if she could understand it…

Do you have a date (not that kind :wink:)?

Dik

The date when the US hits 200,000 coronavirus deaths…

Dik

Added…

Dik

Not really interested in betting on that threshold.

I just hope we don’t need a pool to guess when the US Presidential election results from mail-in ballots will be officially released.

Trump’s stooge has already put a bit of a crimp on that… we’ll have to see where that goes. Last court judgement says ‘mail ins’ are OK. You probably don’t like Sarah Cooper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf-BigX6x60 or the Lincoln Project https://lincolnproject.us/video/ , produced by Republicans, either…

Dik

Fair comment given some of the previous comments:

" …will stop at nothing to lead as many sheep as possible into their abyss."
No mirrors in the home of a Trump supporter.
By the way, despite the arguments about statistics and filtration, there are more than 180 thousand Americans who cannot express their opinion.
They have also lost their vote.

Not really @dik, I haven’t been following the statistics closely and it seems a bit ghoulish betting on when a given number of people will die, so I’d rather not.