Anyone had COVID Vaccinations yet?

I am now 70. I got my first vaccine shot one week ago. My second dose is scheduled in 2 weeks. No side effects at all.

Pfizer or Maderna? Glad to hear it went well for you.

Remember though that it is recommended that anyone with an autoimmune disease not take the vaccines. Could trigger a psytostorm event.

I’ve got a while to wait, yet. I’m in the low-risk group, living in a high-infection rate province of Canada, governed by a political party that barely accepts the notion of epidemiology, draws the line to never cross at evolution.

So lots of others more vulnerable are in line ahead of me, some bungling on the distribution, and not enough resources in the appointment booking system, yet.

I got my first Pfizer shot about 6 hours ago.
So far no ill effects, not even a sore arm.
Hang in there Spar, you’re getting closer.

The wife and I are in Group 4, which opens up March 24th. Today I registered us with Wake County DHHS thru my Dr’s website, which my Dr’s website says is out best way to get signed up for a vaccination. I hope we get in early.

A little voice is saying, what could possible go wrong?

Sorry about the injection of political commentary. Some days I can’t help it.

The pandemic won’t be over, for me and my family, until my son is vaccinated. That will be quite a while yet, but it needs to be before the new school year starts in August. If he can’t get it before then, I’ll be spewing more political commentary…

On Thursday, Governor Roy Cooper announced beginning on March 17, people in Group 4 who have a medical condition that puts them at higher risk of serious illness will be eligible for vaccination. That’s me!

That’s Tuesday, 3 days from now. No call/text/e-mail yet!

I had dose one of two yesterday (by virtue of being 56 or older). Booster booked for early June.

A.

Got my first shot on March 2nd. Second shot is due April 7th, assuming supplies are available.

The first shot was well organized. I was asked to arrive not more than 10 minutes before my appointment and to come inside the building not more than 5 minutes before my appointment. The whole procedure went very smoothly.

1 Like

Got my first (Moderna) a couple days ago. Son #3 at school in Colorado got his first (Pfizer) a couple days ago as well. Was swift and mostly painless for me, just a sore arm the last couple days.

Excellent!

SWMBO and I got Moderna shot #1 one week ago. Our PA called about 10 that morning and asked if we could make a 1:30 pm appointment. “No problem”, I said. 1-2 days of very mild arm pain, and no other side effects. We’re scheduled for shot #2 on April 16.

Son #3 got Pfizer shot #1 at college today.

Normalcy here we come!

Got my first shot (Pfizer) a week ago. Mild sore arm at about 10-12 hours. Lasted till next morning. Wife gets her first one Friday. Both sons and spouses have gotten their first ones. Open to everyone over 16 now in Florida.

My wife and I got our first one last Week. About the same with a sore arm.

I have just gotten mine, Astro Zenica.

My older son got his on Saturday. Pfizer. Has had a couple of side affects…felt “high” day after. Went away. 2nd day felt ok. Today felt like crap…no energy, very weak.

He’s a generally healthy, 40-year old. No underlying issues, very health conscious. He had Covid in December, so maybe a result of antibodies.

You know, this is ridiculous. I have never seen people line up to get shot before. :laughing:. Unfortunately, It Kinda reminds me of the kill floor in the old Rath Meats slaughterhouse in Seattle I made a site visit to back in ‘79. I will never forget that experience… nothing good to relate. I could not eat dinner that night - Diane had fixed a ham dinner… :-1::v:

My wife and I received our first Moderna shots in mid-January; the second in mid-February. Had no trouble scheduling over the internet. Other folks complained of scheduling difficulty. We when where the vaccine was available (at that time, state health department). Others seem to have “decided” (based on no facts) where they wanted to get the shots (say, favorite doctor’s office or hospital). Then complained when those locations could not accommodate them.

Received my second Pfizer jab yesterday . No noticeable effects so far and none experienced in the first jab on March 2nd. All is well on the western front.

I had my first shot a week ago (Pfizer) - arm was sore for that evening, but had fully recovered after a couple of days. No other side effects. I go back for my second shot later this month.

Being in Ontario Canada, and the age threshold having been lowered to 60+ for our area, have at last been able to book a first jab time slot for wife and self in May, 2nd shot in August. Present info indicates will be Pfizer.