Ch . . ch . . ch . . changes!

I could sure use some training wheels.
Any consideration of putting the wheels back on in a post that is clickable for anyone who wants help?
Is there a help function on the site?
Thanks.

No, you’ll do fine Bill. The site is very intuitive. If you have a specific question, just ask in here.

anything? I can’t even do that…

Dik

Sure, just ask.

I like the attitude…

Dik

@Doug
Rather than start a new topic, I had a question which is similar to another I saw:

Firstly, the “Site Support” category doesn’t allow for replies or new posts, so there’s no way to ask it there (at least for me)

The question I saw unanswered so far and related to mine is:

I know how to use and include tags in a post, but my question is: Is there a way to create new tags? The list of available tags is kinda small, and I don’t see any way to create new ones. Am I missing something basic or do regular members not have the authority to create new tags?

I have added new tags by typing the “new tag name” in the tag search cell. When you are finished, immediately underneath it gives you the option, create: “new tag name”. Click that. Underneath the create: “new tag name” option it will say “No matches found”. Ignore that.

@Doug did you just fix the top part of @SuperSalad 's last post? I just went to Site Support and I have the “+ New Topic” at top right and the “Why not create a topic” underneath. Or, is it a permission vs. Level thingie?

Take a look @SuperSalad

@Latexman No. I’m not aware of any changes.

Okay. @SuperSalad please take another look and let us know the outcome. Attach a screenshot if you cannot start a new topic.

@Latexman, @Doug

So, when I am in the Site Support section, the + New Topic button is present, but not clickable for me. I can’t get a screenshot with the cursor appearing, but when I hover over the button, my cursor goes to the circle with a line through it.

With regard to the tags, I don’t see that same “Create:####” option. It only displays the “No Matches Found” as far as I can tell:

I assume both things are simply due to user permissions for whatever the normal user level I am at is. I’ve got no real qualms with whatever restrictions are assigned personally, but I figured y’all would like to know about it.

Please try it again. I bumped you up from Trust Level 1 to Trust Level 2. (I doubt that’s it, but lets see.)

No, that didn’t change anything with those issues.

Bummer! @Doug will have to look at it. Look at post 15.

Will do.

There was a security setting not quite right. you should be able to post now. Thanks for the heads up and for your patience while we looked into this issue. :computer:

1 Like

Can you try it now and let me know if it is fixed?

@Doug

The “+ New Topic” button is now working :+1:t2:

I still don’t see an option to create new tags though when creating a new post.

Edit: Would you rather I to restate the tag question in the site support area now that I am able or does it not matter at this point?

@SuperSalad @Doug
Below is a screen shot for me when I hit “+ New Topic”:

And here’s what I get when I click in the Optional Tags cell and type “tag name”:

Does that help or what don’t you have?

@Latexman

I don’t have that Create: “tag-name” option on my screen. Mine still looks just like the screenshot from Post #15 I put up; only the "No Matches Found" appears when I type a currently non-existent tag.