Is the Whistleblower a "political hack" or a hero?

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/whistleblower-on-trump-ukraine-contacts-is-a-cia-officer–sources/ar-AAHVGlw

Time will tell, but I’m leaning towards hero. He definitely has cojones.

2 Likes

Concur… he’s going to be ‘set upon’ by some of the biggest, ugliest, most powerful people in the world. He’s in for a real rough ride. Kudos.

Dik

Maybe Kavanaugh would say hero because two weeks ago the Democrats were out to impeach him until this new scandal broke; now the fascists don’t care about him.
I say neither, the whole situation shows how our government is corrupt. Think about this:
Biden’s son collects $600G/year for a no show job - nice work if you can get it, but no one is bothered by it. Biden threatens the Ukraine to protect his son’s no show job, but no one is bothered by it. The Hillary Clinton campaign uses false information purchased from the Russians to smear her opponent, Trump, but no one’s bothered by it. That phony information led to a two year investigation about Russian collusion that didn’t prove anything. Meanwhile nothing gets done to improve the lives of the average American.
So what if Trump tried to get dirt on a potential opponent? Digging up dirt on someone is the American way. What the country needs is a top to bottom house cleaning in the State Department and the intelligence agencies to get rid of the unelected ruling class. It’ll never happen because it would have to be done the Stalin way.

3 Likes

Kavanaugh is another guy that should be investigated by the FBI for perjury… without any limits put on the investigation.

Trump has populated the swamp with his own critters… and, the US may take decades to recover from the damage done, if they can recover at all.

Dik

1 Like

I think it is a shame on our humanity if doing the right thing, whether true or simply perceived, is considered an act of heroism. :superhero:

1 Like

Its all a witch hunt for the dems save their own skin.

This tells it like it is:
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/steve-hilton-impeachment-inquiry-trump-democrats

2 Likes

If only witches had transcripts of their seances and devilish indiscretions on file :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Here’s part of my reply to another forum regarding impeachment:

Impeachment of Trump is a really bad idea, not that he doesn’t deserve it. An entire thesis could be devoted to outlining the reasons for this. You have to realise that Donald isn’t the cause, but is a symptom of a much greater problem.
It’s a premise put forth by the ‘old white guys’ (and that includes gals) of the Democratic Party. They can focus their energies on this, rather than deal with ‘real’ major issues.
The United States government system is ‘broken’ for lack of a better word. It no longer functions as a democratic government working for the best interests of the people that elected it. It desperately needs fixing, and the likely plausible venue is the Democratic Party. They don’t want to disturb the status quo and are content to do nothing…

Dik

1 Like

That’s why we need Trump, to keep,throwing a monkey wrench in the works.

1 Like

I hope you’re not serious.

Dik

Oh, you didn’t know that completely destroying something and being forced to rebuild it from scraps is better than repairing or replacing the broken bits?

I am serious. The madness has got to stop.The power grab by the fascists has got to stop! Prior to the 2016 election, Trump was criticized for saying he may not accept the results of the election. Now it’s the Democrats who refuse to accept the results of the election. I saw Hillary on TV last night referring to 2016 as her election; huh? I once thought Obama was more corrupt than Nixon but the current Democrats make him look like an amateur.

1 Like

My condolences… As I noted… he’s the symptom of a much greater problem.

Dik

1 Like

Impeachment isn’t going to cure the illness.It’s a societal problem. As someone “you get the government you deserve”.

My only complaint with Trump was his decision to challenge the NFL, which killed the USFL.

1 Like

No one deserves that…

Dik

Trump is just being Trump. Look, I’m a native New Yorker; Trump s part of the landscape.

He and I are from Queens. The term “go back where you came from” that’s a Queens thing.

Back on topic: interesting how Eric Holder is making veiled threats against Barr.

1 Like

Go back where you came from is used in the South, too.

Bank robbers used to be part of the landscape but that doesn’t mean they were a normal part of the landscape. It’s a poor analogy, I know, but it’s what came to mind first.

Please provide a reputable source for Eric Holder’s veiled threats against Barr.

I forgot all about this but he did make a veiled threat. Anyway, at this point it doesn’t matter.

Trump is from Queens, I’m from Queens; So I know what he means.

The FBI should have investigated Barr without the constraints put on them by the White House. With the limits imposed, they should have refused… (not politically correct). Their investigation would have been interesting. It was pretty clear that Barr perjured himself several times…

Dik

I agree, Dik. Barr gives the DOJ a bad name.